Cybersecurity Awareness Month at JSG
As we continue to expand our IT Consulting Service offerings, JSG is excited to participate in Cybersecurity Awareness Month! Every October, Cybersecurity Awareness Month continues to raise awareness about the importance of cybersecurity across the United States. Led by the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) and the National Cybersecurity Alliance (NCSA), Cybersecurity Awareness Month shares messages and weekly themes of the importance of staying safe online. The evergreen theme – Do Your Part. #BeCyberSmart – encourages individuals and organizations to own their role in protecting their part of cyberspace, stressing personal accountability and the importance of taking proactive steps to enhance cybersecurity.
Throughout the past year and a half, our already virtual world depends even more on the internet. While an increased online presence can be positive, Cybersecurity Awareness Month encourages everyone to take increased ownership of enhanced online activity and the important security practices that come along with it. The virtual safety of our community, and, ultimately, our nation, depends on our personal online safety practices.
Cybersecurity is important to JSG and we are committed to helping our clients become more resilient. So, this month we’ll be sharing information on:
- Be Cyber Smart
- Take simple actions to keep our digital lives secure
- Fight the Phish!
- Highlight the dangers of phishing attempts – which can lead to ransomware or other malware attacks – and how to report suspicious emails
- Explore. Experience. Share.
- Celebrate National Initiative for Cybersecurity (NICE) Cybersecurity Career Awareness Week and the global cybersecurity workforce and highlight how individuals can learn how to become a cybersecurity professional.
- Think Cybersecurity First
- Explore how cybersecurity and staying safe online is increasingly important as our world continues to operate virtually for so much of work and play.
Here are some resources we’ll share throughout the month to highlight how you can keep you and your team safe online: