Client Account Analyst (Accounts Receivable)
Johnson Service Group seeking a talented and self-motivated Accounts Receivable Analyst (Client Account Analyst) to join our shared services accounting team in our Headquarters in Westmont, Illinois.
This individual will join the Accounts Receivable team supporting the Company’s Nationwide Business Units with a primary focus on effectively maintaining and/or reducing DSO utilizing a blend of current process, new/enhanced procedures, client communication protocols and the candidates learned and practiced ability and techniques.
Ownership and execution of collection activity in a fast-paced, high-volume environment, including:
- Monitoring and maintaining assigned accounts via customer calls/correspondence, account adjustments, small balance write offs, account reconciliations, client disputes, and short payments.
- To have a strong comfort level with using accounting software to input and gather customer and financial data.
- Documents account activity, observations, and notes into the AR accounting system.
- Reviewing accounts with management monthly or as needed/driven by observations or changes in patterns/trends
- Partner with the AR Manager in the development/enhancement of DSO reduction initiatives, programs, and activities.
- Establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships with remote sales and customer service teams; enlisting their assistance when appropriate to accelerate the collections process
- Timely and effectively communicating and following up regarding customer accounts by developing relationships with appropriate client personnel
- Additional departmental tasks, as assigned
- Associates or bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Accounting, or Finance preferred
- Good critical thinking skills and a passion for detail is essential
- Proactive and reactive thinking is a must have in this role
- Knowing how to be a team player is key for this position, work closely with department team members and management team
- Critical to be proficient in Excel as this tool is an extreme part of this position. Must be proficient with creating spreadsheets with critical and useful data
- Knowledge of using and creating V Look Ups and creating Pivot Tables
- Knowledge of using Microsoft GP and Word is a plus
- Proven understanding of the collections cycle with a proven ability to identify and execute new or enhanced collections processes and programs
- Ability to drive/execute work initiatives with nominal amount of direction
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Capability to partner and develop relationships with all levels of internal and external customers
- Strong attention to detail, desire to thrive in a fast-paced environment and follow through with responsibilities are all necessary skills to be successful in the job
Johnson Service Group, Inc. (JSG) is a leader in the staffing and consulting services industry, with over 35 years of experience investing in people and companies. We can be found locally in more than 30 offices throughout the United States and Canada and make connections throughout North America. JSG continues to work diligently to offer our clients and candidates world-class service and diversified offerings to fit their evolving needs. Which is why we have recently expanded our consulting services to include information technology consulting in addition to our wide array of staffing services.
But don’t just trust us – let our accolades tell the story. For the past six years, JSG has been named to a variety of prominent Staffing Industry Analyst (SIA) award lists including: Largest U.S. Staffing Firms, Largest Canadian Staffing Firms, Fastest Growing U.S. Staffing Firms, and Largest U.S. Engineering Staffing Firms.
People and culture make JSG a great place to work. We are always looking for passionate and talented business development and recruiting professionals who want to build a future with one of our nationwide teams. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance options, paid time off, sick time, 401(k) and more.
Johnson Service Group (JSG) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. JSG provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.