https://jsginc.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/05/bigstock-Airplane-Is-Flying-Above-The-C-386544580.jpg 1066 1600 Natalie Kral https://jsginc.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/JOHNSON-SERVICE-GROUP.png Natalie Kral2022-05-04 16:25:332022-05-04 16:28:39Five Aviation Facts
Five Aviation Facts
The Aviation Industry is one of the exciting industries that JSG works with closely. Whether you are a career Aviation guru, interested in pursuing a career in it, or just a curious observer and plane frequenter, you may learn something below:
- The airplane fleet size worldwide is expected to nearly double by 2040. According to Statista, North America’s fleet will increase by 42 percent. In comparison, the Asia Pacific fleet is projected to increase by a whopping 139 percent! The European fleet falls somewhere in the middle, expected to grow by 76 percent.
- The busiest airport in the U.S. (and one of the most active globally) is the Atlanta Hartsfield-Jackson airport. Pre-pandemic in 2019, ATL had over 110.5 million passengers come through their facilities, according to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. While passenger numbers are steadily climbing back up from 2020, the Atlanta airport has yet to bounce back to its normal traffic levels.
- According to the Sheffield School of Aeronautics, flying is the safest mode of travel. There are many crew members involved in the flight of a plane—pilots, flight attendants, ground crew, air traffic control, etc. These different teams constantly check and balance each other to ensure a safe flight. Crews have in-depth training, and the technology used is top-of-the-line.
- The oldest operating airline, KLM, is almost 103 years old! This Dutch company was started on October 7th, 1919.
- Airplane lifespans are based on the number of pressurizations the plane is subjected to. According to The Aviation Base, most planes are retired around 75,000 pressurizations. This usually calculates out to 20-25 years of service.
This is just scratching the surface! Aviation is a fascinating industry that JSG is privileged to work with. Are you interested in pursuing a job in Aviation? Our Atlanta office specializes in hiring for Aviation jobs across the country! Check out our job search page to look for opportunities near you.
Check out last week’s “Look into HR!“